By SSI Staff · February 26, 2016
A man in Owensboro, Ky., went to the counter at a gas station to pay for his merchandise. And that’s when sparks started coming his pants pocket.
It turns out it was an e-cigarette to blame for the episode, which caused the customer to stumble out of the store as witnesses helped diffuse the fire after he took off his burning pants.
“I was shocked!” said Manoj Kumar, an employee at the gas station. “I was like what was that? You have a bomb in your pocket? I was like that! You carry your bomb in your pocket? I was totally shocked and just like this my hands were on my head.”
Cashier Jassie Singh was seen on video putting out the fire with a fire extinguisher.
The unusual surveillance footage leads this week’s edition of SSI’s Surveillance Videos of the Week. Other top videos include a father rushing onto the street to save his young son’s life from an oncoming car and two hoverboards catching on fire inside a home.
Some of the surveillance footage is being used by police to investigate crimes, while other videos capture unusual moments on camera.